As a member, you may avail of discounts on games for sale, get the freebies given to its member, and the opportunity to meet and play with other online games enthusiasts worldwide. Almost every aspect of human interest turned out to be very accessible. Games generally involve mental or physical stimulation, and often both. Knowing the trend in online gaming, it is expected that there’s more to come in the future that’s completely exciting. Attested as early as 2600 BC, games are a universal part of human experience and present in all cultures.” (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game)
- Domino and tile games
- Guessing games
There are a number of popular games for offline gaming as:. Many games help develop practical skills, serve as a form of exercise, or otherwise perform an educational, simulational, or psychological role. Even with the numerous online games available, offline gaming is still going to exist and probably preferred by some.
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Â© 2001-2010 (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game)
- Business games
Gambling involves activities like casinos, sports books, poker, video poker, craps, black jack, roulette, slot machines, lottery and skill games â just to name a few. And for these reasons, this is where offline gaming comes into play. Furthermore, there are times when people would simply want to relax and play a game without having to deal with the other players. That is why more and more IT experts are religiously developing new games or simply improving the current prevailing games since there is a huge public clamor for such.
There are many different types of games. A lot of games are now being introduced to the public. These games involve taking on the role of a character in the game and controlling the choices of the character while working with their strengths and weaknesses.
- Video games
To play online, you must register first to be qualified and enjoy the benefits of various online gamers club. – Tabletop games
Are you interested in playing games or in gambling? In real world, offline or online?
With offline gaming, the usual games could last around 20 to 100 game play hours. But for you to fully appreciate online gaming, you should be aware of the technical aspects to secure a spot in what they call the elite circle of online gamers.
- Pencil and paper games
Offline gaming is a cool way to fill in time and enjoy, especially when you cannot go online. They are really popular in both real and online world.
- Sports â here is a list with the most popular sports games: Football, Soccer, Baseball, BasketBall, Hockey, Rugby, Volleyball, Pool Games, Water Games, Cricket, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, Shooting, Horse Racing, Car Games, Driving Games, Cycling, Bowling, Dodge ball Games, Fishing , Hunting, Ice Skating, Olympics Games, Parking Games, Skateboard, Snowboarding, Surfing Games, Winter Games.
These games require a PC or laptop, but an Internet connection is not needed. It has gained its popularity which led to the existence of arcades. The thought of outwitting their counterparts is what drives any online gamer to succeed. One significant development has something to do with the way games are being played. By the year 1990, its popularity has hit the highest point, but eventually dropped since the market did not expand quickly as what was expected. The classification made by Wikipedia goes like this:
- Role-playing games (RPG) – These types of games can be played either in electronic format such as on a computer or video game console, some of them even being online like World of Warcraft, or they can be played as a tabletop game like White Wolf or Shadowrun. Here, online gamers met and have formed virtual camaraderie through the game preferences they had. In addition, such games are fairly simple to finish off, so gamers are not at all pressured to play for more hours.
- Dexterity/coordination games
- Card games: Poker, Baccarat, Canasta – to name just the most popular and well known
Offline gaming began in the year 1970. Today these games are primarily electronic and cover a diversity of imaginary contexts that the modern computers try to recreate as a form of virtual reality.
The Sims 3
Need for Speed: Shift
The Orange Box
The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
Information technology has certainly made a big impact to humankind. Time, distance and nationality are defied in the so-called growing cyber world that gathers online gamers. In the case of The Sims 3, it can be played either in a computer or PS3 console. Some are old games that are just modified to fit with the modern times while some are totally new. Watch out for that.
These games are available online and the best part of it is that you can now play with people from all over the world. Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction. Additionally, games for offline gaming are either skill-based or story-based, with the former as the more difficult as it needs your experience and skillfulness in order to play and finish the game.
“A game is a structured activity, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. From simple to complex, intellectual to sports related and the highly dynamic violent games, name it and you have a long list of choices.
- Board games: Monopoly, Go, Scrabble, Chess, The Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, Maharaja, Backgammon, Taj Mahal, Mine a million, Torres, Lost Cities , Speachless, Logo board games, Masterpiece, Buzzle, Highlanders, History of the World, The Game of Life, Dominion, LifeStyle The Financial Planning Game
One reason why online gaming is such a major success is because of the competition being held on a particular game every now and then in which fabulous prizes are at stake. While games for offline gaming are still available and loved by some people, the majority already prefers the online games at present.
- Dice games: Backgammon , Dice Chess, Ship, Captain, and Crew (or Six Five Four), Shoot the Moons, Strat-O-Matic
- Simulation â Games of this type are extensions of childhood games where children pretend being in adult roles such as doctor, parent or fireman. But more than the prize being offered, online gamers are interested on the title for each competition