Keep your mind on the cash, baby! If you have no friends, there are other people that will lend you money (see the video at the end of this article), although of course the terms may not be the greatest and you do have to have good credit.
In the summer, in places like the northwest, blackberries grow like weeds. Check Backstage Casting for more information.
24. I thought it sounded like a good idea because people are busy and don’t want to take time off of work.
20. Coins will help you figure out what to look for and how much you’ll get. If you have a car, you can offer rides for a price. Still, they are a way to get money fast.
15. Clean Gutters
26. If I were you, I’d pile them in. Check out other snow-shovelers, see what they are charging, and then undercut them a little. I did several odd jobs from that site and was always paid well, in cash, that very day. You say you don’t have enough stuff? Well, hit up your friends, family, and neighbors. Payday Loans
This has been a tried-and-true method to earn fast cash for a long time now. Usually you don’t get much for your books. The ones that are all silver don’t have the copper stripe and are dated between 1932 and 1964. A little competition never hurt anyone and hey, you’re desperate, right!
27. Pick them, set up a small roadside stand, and sell them.
The nice thing about this is that you can do other jobs while you’re on the job, like babysitting, so you could make twice the money for the same hours. If you can wait until the end of the week to be paid, there are informal taxi services like Uber which will hire you as an independent contractor.
9. In New York I only got, on average, a dollar per book, but I sold all 150 books I brought for a total of $150. Some are online and some are offline, some well-worn and others a bit edgy, but hey, you need money and a man’s got to do what a man’s (or woman’s) got to do!
If it’s snowing, put an offer on Craigslist to shovel snow. Have a Garage Sale
8. Of course, you don’t want Children’s Protective Services on your case, so keep it to five kids at a time and you’ll earn around $50.00 an hour (if you can handle it).
I heard of a woman who advertised that she would wait for the cable guy, the electrician, or a plumber for you for a certain rate per hour. Why not? The worst they can do is say no and think less of you, but maybe they’ll understand. It isn’t much but it’s better than nothing for books that you don’t want or have already read.
12. I’m always thinking!
Babysitters make about $10.00 an hour (depending on your area and how many kids are being watched). Promote Clubs
Sure, it’s been done, but still, it’s a great way to get rid of your old junk and make some easy cash. Sign up as an Extra on a Movie
5. I did this once for a man who was hospitalized and didn’t want to impose on his friends to come and pick him up. Same-Day Jobs
You know that ring your great aunt left you that you never wear? Pawn it! You can get it back later if you want to.
Give the local taxi service a run for their money. Sell Something on Craigslist or eBay
Okay, that’s all I can think of for now, all that’s legal at least :), so good luck in making fast cash! If you have any other ideas, please comment below.
19. Mow Lawns
Again, this is taking a risk, but life is risky. It was the easiest money I ever made. I wouldn’t do this, but you might.
7. I’m sure they have enough old stuff that they would be glad to get rid of!
13. Value depends on the scarcity of the coin and the current price of silver: last I checked, silver was worth about $20.00 an ounce.
23. Sell Junk Metals
4. This site about U.S. I’ve sold over 100 books at a store called Book-Off. They also fed him lunch. Usually this entails standing on the curb and handing out fliers but hey, there are worse things out there!
If your stuff is too valuable for a garage sale, put up an ad and sell it. From what I understand, Strand’s also buys books. I considered it for a moment but thought, “I’m too fat. Sell Your Old Books
25. This is pretty self-explanatory, but I’ll explain anyway. Fix Something
In New York or L.A., you can do this and get paid the same day. Count Cards
I think gold is going up, up, up, so you won’t get the best deal, but if you really need cash right now, I mean today, they will give it to you.
Give the local tween a run for his money: it’s a dog-eat-dog world, you know!
28. Check Craigslist’s listings under “gigs,” as well as their job listings under “part-time” and “etc.”
I’ve actually done this one so I know it’s possible, but I live in Manhattan where you can rent out just about anything for the right price. Who knows, you might find a niche that suits you and provides enough money to start your own business!
I know this makes no sense, but let me explain. Shovel Snow
1. Of course, you should be careful not to rent out to criminals, but if you interview your prospective lodger carefully, trust your gut feelings, and get some money up front, it should work out for you; it worked out for me.
Do You Need Money Now?
My idea of fast cash is getting money now, not in a week, but having cash in hand that day and without needing a lot of money to invest in to begin with.
Here are some ideas that you may not have thought of before. Sometimes you’ll find valuable old coins that you can sell for a profit. No one would believe that I’m starving,” so I didn’t do it. Pawn Something
What are you good at? Can you fix a computer or a car? Advertise on Craigslist, fix something for someone, and you will be paid in cash that day!
Many cities have bookstores that will buy old books. Hey it works, I saw a guy sit in a busy downtown Manhattan Starbucks and I think he took in at least 200 bucks while I watched him for 2½ hours. Make sure you know what you are doing and aren’t afraid of heights.
3. If you want to do this, just Google “where can I sell plasma in [your town]” and go from there.
Many people don’t have the time or skill to do this job themselves. You’d be surprised at what people will buy!
21. Many people are too busy to do it themselves and they would be glad for your help. If you can undercut the going rate, you will have takers.
I’ve done this too (but once again, I’m in Manhattan). Sell Your Old Gold Jewelry
2. Taxi, Anyone?
Depending on where you live, Craigslist often has one-day jobs like cleaning someone’s apartment that day. Rent out Your Garage
14. Borrow It
This is what I call homeless work, but hey, homeless people aren’t collecting bottles and cans for nothing! For every recyclable container you bring in, you can earn approximately 5 to 10 cents, and it adds up quickly.
30. I made $30.00 an hour, in cash, to escort him out of the hospital. Storage is expensive. People who don’t have money for a hotel still need a place to sleep and shower, and believe me they’d much rather stay on your couch than sleep in the car or on a park bench. Seriously, all I did was walk him out, help him back to his apartment, and get him some ice at the corner store. I would not recommend playing cards for money if you can’t count cards successfully.
Sit in front of Starbucks looking depressed, with a cup and a sign saying that you need money for food. At art schools and classes that need live models, one can make $30 to $100 dollars an hour. Counting cards at card games like blackjack–using memory techniques to estimate the proportion of low to high cards left in the deck–can put the odds in your favor when you bet. Again, see if your neighbor, friend, or acquaintance has any items they’d like to sell and offer to do it for them for a cut. “I Will Wait for You”
I hate to even mention these, because the high rates are a ripoff (the equivalent of up to 400% interest, compared to up to 30% for credit cards). Why? Because it works. Sell Plasma
In New York and other large cities, you can make from $400 to $1000 a week promoting clubs.
In order to get money quickly and legally, you either have to sell, borrow, or beg for something.
If you have family or friends, ask them for a loan. If you can learn how to count cards, then the odds are in your favor. Pose as a Nude Model
Copper is going up, so if you can find copper and other scrap metal, you can sell it to a junk metal dealer and get money that very day. You can identify silver quarters by looking at the edge: the quarters that are not silver will have a stripe of copper. Rent out Your Apartment and Go Stay with a Friend
29. Last but Not Least, SELL YOURSELF!
This isn’t what you think: Get your mind out of the gutter! There are websites like care.com or Craigslist where you can offer your services for a day or two for cash. Until 1965, the US used real silver in its quarters: that year they stopped, since the value of the quarter’s silver exceeded 25 cents. So give it a go. If you live in a busy destination spot or you know of a big upcoming event in your town, consider using your house or apartment to earn money.
6. It isn’t illegal, but the casinos don’t like it. I’ve also sold books at Powell’s bookstore in Portland, Oregon. Pick Fruit and Sell It
You don’t have to be young or cute or female for this job. Collect Bottles and Cans
11. Of course, you shouldn’t steal it, as some are prone to do!
22. If not, then you are just throwing your money away because the odds are against you. Rent out Your Couch (or Spare Room)
. Everywhere else you’re kind of out of luck on this one, although more and more movies are getting made in places like New Orleans, San Francisco, Miami, and Atlanta. Pet-Sit and Walk Dogs
Clean up your crap and list your garage as a place where someone else can store their crap. Apparently, selling blood is illegal but selling plasma isn’t. These days, it’s so easy to list a temporary rental on Craigslist, anyone can do it. 18. Exchange Your Paper Dollars for Quarters